November 13, 2008

Witchy Mrs. West!


Today I subbed for a friend of mine. She teaches P.E. which means I have 13 classes throughout the day. Each class is for only 25 minutes long and they rotate all day. I have a prep hour and a lunch but other than that I am literally talking all day. I just have such respect for teachers. It is so tiring! Even when you are dead tired you still need to be patient, pleasant and keep trucking along. I do love working with children, but having little children at home AND working with 30 of them all day...well that is pure crazy! (hence, my collapsed self on the couch) Anyway, I had a fourth grader boy who was very disrespectful today and had to write me an apology letter in the solutions room. I love having fun with the kids, but after having kids of my own, I am strict about my rules. Follow my rules...the day will go well. You don't... well...read the letter above.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya' need to make them write lines, and then rip it in front of their face, so they see all their hard work destroyed. My teacher did that once to me, and I had to write 50. It... it was so sad:(

Jenn said...

Jordan! YOU! A problem student! NEVER!