November 05, 2008

A Revolutionary Time


Whether you voted for him or not, you have to be inspired by how far America has come. When we woke up this morning and talked about this with the kids, I was moved to tears. I have never been able to tolerate segregation of any kind. It hits me deeply. Today when we were explaining to the kids that not too long ago, when their Grandpa Matkin was a small boy, black Americans were not allowed the same privileges they have had, I could barely gets the words out. Putting political issues aside, we really have come so far. One step closer to one nation. It gives me goosebumps.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." -
-- Martin Luther King Jr.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great posting Jenny... Me too.. I just love everyone. no matter what their color.... Love mom

Jenn said...

I am that way, because someone taught me to be that way...You and Dad.

Anonymous said...

Discrimination is an awful evil and I am so proud of your empathy for the victims, especially the little children who had to wonder why their skin color caused them so much hardship. Change is possible and the election shows the idealism and changing heart of the United States. It is a great time to be alive and living there.
Love Dad