November 24, 2008

Time to Decorate!!


For Family Night tonight, we talked about the purpose of why we celebrate Christmas. We sang jingle bells accompanied by Jessica on the piano and then for our activity we took all the Christmas boxes out of the attic to decorate. A monumental job. It's funny how the more excited kids get, the louder they talk. Anyway...we then spent the next hour saying, "ohh careful!", and "Wait! Be very careful with that one!" I gained more gray hairs as the night went on. They were so cute as they reminisced when they pulled each item out. "Oh, I remember this!!!!" I just let them put things where they thought was a good and then I will go back and "re-decorate". There is nothing better than seeing the kids giddy with excitement of traditions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If my mom's hair isn't going gray, I'm sure yours isn't either Jenn.

Jenn said...

How close did you look? Are you sure?

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty darn sure.

Jenn said...

2 WORDS- HAIR DYE