November 25, 2008

Sister Sky



Tonight was a big night. First, Jessica or "Sister Sky" her Native American name, had an important Harvest Feast dinner to host at her school tonight. She was beaming as she dished out the soup that she had made today. She was in charge of cutting the carrots and celery. Apparently, the meat group used kid scissors to cut up the stew meat... yum. Her paper bag vest adorned a fringe edge and she even had feathers on her headband. The first graders made enormously large turkeys (mommy helped the class make) and were used decorate the classroom. What fun...we then hopped in the car to meet the youth at the church so that we could drop off the food baskets to some of the families in our ward. Matt arranged with Albertsons to collect all donations that came in from the till last Saturday. Matt and the youth spent the day on Saturday at Albertsons and raised 1947.00 dollars toward food baskets for the needy families in our ward and community. So tonight we delivered them, my car was full of 4 bubbly 12 year olds girls and Jessica. They are so funny. Everything makes them laugh. I think they were mainly laughing at me. I got horribly lost for each house on our list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica you look very festive. I love your painting. I wish I could have been at your dinner you made at your school, like I was at Hunter's. I am sure it tasted yummy. Love Auntie Shauna

Anonymous said...

"...We believe in doing good to all mankind.." The 13th. Good for you and Matt. and Jessica. Love ya

Grandpa - see you soon.