November 02, 2008

Candy Cauldron



What always precedes Halloween is the big candy box (or cauldron in our case) that becomes the new hot topic.. the kids say all day long...

"mom, can I have some candy?",
"mom, after dinner can I have some candy?"
"mom, can we bring some candy to church""
"mom, can you pack some candy in my lunch tomorrow?"

Sigh. I am tired of the dang candy already. And they got a lot of candy! Some mom's only allow one piece a day. But then it lasts FOREVER! Then you have to hear about it forever. So I say give it in reasonable quantities and be through it quicker, less damage done.

I am not a huge candy fan. I think my taste buds have matured for I no longer crave that stuff, if the cauldron was full of dove chocolate or Lindt chocolate I'd be more excited. And I wouldn't share.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree about too much candy. When the kids in Vancouver went to our dentist neighbour next door he gave them dental floss instead. Much better idea, but they do look so happy peering in the candy cauldron. Things have changed. In the old days 'trick or treat' often meant tricks like waxing windows or breaking things. I see less of that now.

Love Dad

Anonymous said...

A cauldron? We need to get an upgrade.