November 10, 2008

Veteran's Day Ceremony






Today was the Veteran's Day ceremony at the kids school. I casually walked into the gym expecting to see a cute little color guard ceremony. (Which Hunter proudly was able to participate in.) However, I was deeply touched as soon as the ceremony began and Principal Abbott asked all the Veteran's to stand up. Watching many of the fathers of these students stand as their names were read was overwhelming to watch. Even though I am not an American, I was overcome by the patriotism that was felt in the room. As we applauded vigorously for them, I had to cough back the tears. Then watching the children enthusiastically sing their America songs with gusto and wave their flags high. It was very all very powerful to watch... being a Canadian and all.


No comments: