December 10, 2008

Trimming the Tree!


The kids have been DYING to decorate the tree. We got the tree on Saturday and everyday since then they have begged to decorate it. We have been busy! Last night was Scouts so we told them they had to wait one more night... they protested so we told them they could put up one ornament before bed. This morning before school our neighbor Hayden looked at the 3 lonely ornaments and said, "Dude, is that all the ornaments you guys have?" I laughed hard.

Anyway, we thought we should add the rest tonight. I just love opening each carefully wrapped ornament, it's one of my favorite things to do at Christmas. I love going down memory lane. When I look at the ornament from years past it puts me back when the kids were that age. Each year they receive a new ornament, each special place we get an ornament and Matt and I started collecting love dovey type ornaments (ex: cinderella/prince charming, two chubby love bears etc...) when the kids suggested that it looked like mommy and daddy, we thought good idea. (corny I know but I love it)
It is also tradition, since they were all born, to put up the star 3 times so that each person has a chance to put the star up on the tree. Daddy says they are getting too heavy to do it much longer.
Now we are all ready for Santa to come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The tree looks beautiful. Can't wait to enjoy it in 15 days.

Anonymous said...

The place looks like a magazine ad! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, but I think you guys need to come down for Christmas... actually, if you think about it, I haven't seen your place and you've been in it for 3 yrs... so WE need to come up. Anyways, have a great Christmas you guys! Oh, and I know what you're getting for Christmas Logan and Hunter... but I can't tell you! Well, Merry Christmas!

Jenn said...

DIDO Jordan!