December 14, 2008

Kindergarten Woes


Do you want to know what breaks a mother heart. When your little kindergartener doesn't want to go to school. Ever since Logan started preschool it has been a problem. It caused him so much trouble and stress I took him to the doctor to ask him what to do. He told me to pull him out of preschool until he actually had to go to kindergarten. It wasn't worth the massive emotional and physical stress it caused him. He would ask me each morning, "mommy is today a pre-school day?" If it wasn't, this was a good thing. If it was, well get your ear plugs because the whining and crying fest would begin. Well now that he has started kindergarten he hasn't decided this is is a good thing yet. In fact it has gotten pretty bad. The stomach aches are frequent, the crying is often and it simply breaks my heart. Fortunately he loves his teacher, as do I, and together we are trying to work this through. This weekend he has broken down a couple of times mumbling through crocodile tears about being very upset that he has to work on the "goat in the boat" at school...ya, I don't have any idea what it is either...but apparently it is frightening to him. So the only way to calm him down was to tell him I would go in and talk to Mrs. Hahne about the goat in the boat and see what I could do to help him with it. Sigh. Tough times when you have to send your last little baby out the door when all you want to do is let him stay home and cuddle him up in your arms.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Logan I love you so much. I'll pray for you that school will be easier. Love Auntie Shauna

Anonymous said...

My sweet Little Logan... Cheer up because Grandma , Grandpa and Shauna are coming to see you and Santa is right around the corner. This too shall pass.... Love Grandma M

Anonymous said...

Have his older siblings told him all the cool things they used to do in Kindergarten? Might help.

Jenn said...

Ya, the other kids have been wonderful with him. He'll make it, I have confidence he will just grow stronger from this all. I think this is the hardest part about being a parent is watching their bumps in the road and trying your best to help the have the tools to work through them.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it is hard to see him struggling, but he is such a strong little guy and I am positive that he will get over this hump with flying colors.