December 13, 2008

Pyro Problem



Oh dear...I sort of have a "in the closet" problem. I have a pyromaniac problem. Well...I don't do it on purpose like a real pyro would. But if there was a word that describe someone who seems to accidently start fires...that is what I would fall under. Tonight I had another episode. Okay...here is what happened... I was cooking hamburger for dinner and decided to change to the front burner so Jess could help me cook. Well I forgot that the back burner was still hot, even though I DID turn it off. Anyway, to make room for my big pan I shoved the margarine over...unfortunately right on top of the hot burner. I was busy doing other dinner stuff, that regular non-pyro moms do...anyway...Jess says calmly says to me,"mom, the butter is on fire." well the rest is history. I might add Matt didn't even look up during the fiasco and the battery removed smoke alarm didn't even go off...oh dear...fire and smoke from the kitchen is so ordinary around here now. (mental note: put battery in alarm)

Past Pyro Moments I have Learned From...

1. Lots of oven fires...baking soda is usually on stand by...I AM getting better at that one though.
2. A handful of oven mitts have hit the dust...but WHO hasn't had THAT happen!
3. A couple of times a candle has once again...accidentally...been too close to something else.
4. Maybe twice I have learned that it is NOT a good idea to drape something over a lamp to make it dimmer in a room...really, don't ever do this one.
5. And finally, I have learned once...okay maybe more...that you should always, always make sure you are not cooking something on the stove before busing yourself elsewhere. Even to talk to the neighbor outside for a couple of minutes, you will come back to a nasty smoky surprise or worse.

For those who comment...I am sensitive over my problem so please be kind...


SIDE NOTE: I know it MUST be in my genes because I have memories of crispy oven mitts growing up. And just in case we forget, Hunters science experiment with a light socket and a fork that resulted in my new black wall. I am not alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its O>K> sweetheart you come by it naturally. It IS in the genes.... Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Everyone in your house still has eyebrows, so you are not as bad as you think!