December 04, 2008

Sleeping at the church

Weeks ago at a RS pres meeting we discussed that we needed security...I piped up we could do it, thinking that was weeks away and surely things will change before then. Until a couple Sundays later Matt is sitting in ward council meeting and they announce that the West family will be sleeping in the church during the nativity. Oh dear, this was news to Matt. The night came, we grabbed all our stuff and hunkered down in a classroom. The kids were WILD and thought it was the coolest thing. (Hunter stayed at his friends which was cooler for him as it was a school night.) We borrowed my friends air mattress who insisted it was wonderful and wouldn't go flat. We pumped it up and 5 minutes later we are flat on our back like a pancake. I had to laugh. We made it on about 1 hour of consecutive sleep. No prob, but I must say I will think twice before offering anything so quick.


Side note: I am unsure what they think our family will do if there happens to be a break in. I say run...

No comments: