June 08, 2009

Leaving



The boy's best friends in the whole world moved away today. Hayden and Bailey, our neighbors, have literally lived at our house day in and day out for the last 2 years. I have been accustom to 5 children romping around our house not 3. They did EVERYTHING together. We are so used to having them around, it will just feel so lonely without them. I will miss Hayden jumping up to the bar stool to ask what's for dinner, or Bailey circling the house with his bike waiting for us to come home...or even Haydan and Bailey helping the boys do their chores each day so they can get back to playing with them.


When we said goodbye today, I choked back the tears as I too became quite fond of these two sweet boys. I also just adore their mom Melonie and will miss her very much. She is so much fun to talk with. I am pretty good with change, but I just wish they weren't moving. We will visit them lots, but it will never be quite the same.



You'd think they were my best friends...

3 comments:

Grandpa said...

Friends and loved ones are all that is important in life. Those boys next door were such fine young fellows. It was great that you all had those years together.

Bethany said...

I found your blog!
Sorry to hear about your children's best buddies moving. :( That's sad. :( I remember all too well what that is like!

Off topic - but I see we are visiting teaching partners! I'll have to call you later this week or next to talk about it. :)

Grandma Matkin said...

Even I will miss the boys You were right ... They did EVERYTHING together even on family outings when I was visiting. Hopefully some new boys and maybe a girl for Jess will move in.