June 18, 2009

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!



Okay this post is way late, but better late than never.

I forgot to take pictures, but we decorated the house with a GIGANTIC banner and "grad" decor for the kids "last day" party. When they came home from school I had our third annual scavenger hunt set up for the kids. They first clue always sits on the banner and I send them all over the house until they get the loot bucked. I tried to make it a lot tougher this year...apparently I didn't do that well at making it very hard. I did take a video of them finding the loot.


Mom wanted to be in charge of making the "End of the year" celebration cake. She found a great new cake recipe with a very unique ingredient....watch video below...




Can you guess what it is??

Well it drove everyone crazy, they had no clue what the secret ingredient was. We should of known that our expert cook would guess it. After careful tasting, Matt (who's dream job would be a chef) was able to figure it out...Drumroll please...this cake's ingredient is ketchup. A ketchup cake. And the kids loved it...notice I said the kids not the adults. Sorry mom, it was fun but it wasn't the yummiest thing you have ever made!


4 comments:

Ames said...

Ketchup! Wow! Are you coming to the reunion this year?

Jenn said...

No, too far...I SOOOOO wish it was going to be where it was last year or we could definitely make it. My back just can't handle a drive to Fairmont. It totally bums me out not to be able to see you guys. I don't think we have ever seen most of each others kids!!
You are going right? Please push everyone to put it back to Kelowna, I thought they decided on it, but then I guess they couldn't get the week...I would of been flexible on the week...but that is me! I thought everyone liked it better there, but I know it is a big drive for a lot of people...we know how that is! Miss you!!!

The Risdons said...

that's sick.

Grandpa said...

So I think Jessy is off to a law career or philosopher "what if everyone yells it out at the same time?" Lawyers worry about what could go wrong even if it is remote.
Grandma says the bloom of the mystery cake fell flat when the magic ingredient turned out to be ketchup.