June 11, 2009

Elly



At the office today the kids were watching the Disney movie Dumbo. Which they amazingly have never seen. Logan approaches me with very sad eyes and says...

"Mommy I don't want a dog, I want a baby elephant"

"You want a baby elephant stuffed animal?" I said.

"No, I want a real baby elephant." He looked up at me with a completely serious face.

" Honey where would we keep the elephant?" I said.

"In the backyard." he said simply.

Jessica then pipes in," How will you give him a bath?...oh wait, he can use his trunk." Like that makes it okay now to own an elephant.

When Logan was 8 months old on Christmas Eve I ran to Walmart for some last minute things. I found myself wandering through the baby isle. Knowing Logan was our last baby I made an impulse purchase of a very soft stuffed baby elephant. I vividly remember standing there thinking it was probably my last baby toy I would purchase. When Logan was given his elephant on Christmas day he clung onto it ever since. I still remember him toddling around guzzling a bottle in one hand and holding his Elly by the tail in the other. Elly is such a large part of his life that over the years Grandpa has purchased him 2 more, just in case he loses his beloved "Elly". He has collected a few more and now is running out of room in his bed. Here are a couple of flashback photos with Logan and Elly. Just a few of many.

4 comments:

Cozy Blue Photography said...

Oh my gosh, Dumbo has always been one of my favorite Disney movies. I love the relationship with his mom and the lullaby they play when they are together....yeah...I'm an adult and I know that movie by heart...what of it?? LOL!! :O) Those pictures are priceless!! I want a baby elephant too!! We can all dream, can't we?? :O)

I'm already collecting elephant stuff for our new baby. I just love them!

Shauna said...

What cute pictures of Logan and his elly. Miss you all. Shauna

Grandma Matkin said...

Tell Logan Grandma will get him an elephant!!!! Just don't tell Matt where it came from or who gave it to him.... I'm already in the doghouse for a couple of birds....

Grandpa said...

The pictures of little Logan bring back such nice memories. He started life as solid as an army tank. I loved his love of his Ellys especially at bedtime.