March 24, 2009

Easy Baking


Have you ever cooked with an Easy Bake Oven? First you need to purchase the $3.50 mixes that consist of about 3 spoonfuls of mix that you add water too. Then you warm up the light bulb for 15 minutes which surprising gets nice and toasty. Once the light bulb is ready, add you smashed your mix into the little tin you start wondering if you are cooking for elves... As we pushed the tin into the oven with the special tongs I noticed the writing on the oven door WARNING NOT MEANT FOR COOKING FOOD...hmm what are we doing here then? We disregard the label and Jess asks if we set the pretend temperature dial to 30, 40, or 50. I told her "sure" as I set the microwave timer for 12 minutes. After a long wait Jessica pulls it out. Amazingly it didn't look too bad compared to the package picture. Jess walked around the house giving all the boys a crumb size taste, remember this thing is small. I think I am going to look online for homemade easy bake recipes this was one expensive cookie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember easy bake ovens. I think Shelley and I played with the oven more than we baked with it. Good job Jessica looking forward to tasting a treat next time I come.

Anonymous said...

Does not sound "easy" to me. LOL