March 03, 2009

Fundraising Season Again


I am sorry but I hate fundraising. I just hate it. I like helping out schools and coming up with money to help the kids school. But selling the same 20 dollar frozen cookie dough year after year...well I just can't do it. These sly fundraiser companies go to the kids school and show them in person how cool the toys are if they sell a lot of items they can have one too. The big ticket item this year? Some robot thingy. You only have to sell 100 items at 15 dollars each. Hmm that is one expensive robot. In the end, it is cheaper for me to just buy the dang robot myself than buy enough cookie dough to win it. But I won't do that either...I am so mean.


Ordinarily I am all for having the kids set a goal and try to work hard to achieve it...except for fundraising. I tell the kids just forget it...let this dream go...it ain't happening. I know, I am horrible...or maybe just realistic.


The kids had a fit at first begging to ask the neighbors...I like my neighbors too much to subject them to the same frozen cookie dough year after year. Well, some of them...So I resorted to the ever famous...."well talk about it later honey" which in code means (lets drop it, and I will make every effort to not bring it up and get rid of any evidence like flyers that will remind them of it again.)


I am into a lot of things with the kids but this one not so much...I guess I am a meanie mommy crushing their robot dreams....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually Love the frozen kind Its the only kind I make. especially when Im looking for a Quick snack and then I can eat it frozen Ill but some for sure... Love Grandma M

Jenn said...

Sorry mom I already chucked all the evidence... I ain't opening that can of worms...you can buy the chocolate bars in 2 months for soccer and then after that I am sure there will be something for scouts! You can even go door to door with them if you want! Just move down here...problem solved.

The Risdons said...

I hate fundraisers too. Don't send your kids my way. I'm not buying any of that crap!:-)Oh and I love the new couch. You got a smokin deal!

Anonymous said...

I am so with you on the fundraiser thing, nice to know I'm not the only meanie mom out there