March 04, 2009

Goodbye Old Blue


(Hunter asked if he could keep the couch in the garage.
When we asked why, he said Hayden is moving
this summer and we have a lot of hanging out we need to do.)

It is time to say goodbye to old blue. The first purchase Matt and I bought when we first got married was a mattress and a big blue couch. Nobody tells you that you better pick wisely because you will have it awhile. If I had known you don't change couches like say you would the curtains I would of picked a more neutral color. Nevertheless, it has followed us for the almost 12 years of marriage and endured it all. I tried decorating around the blue, it isn't so easy. Just in case you didn't know blue isn't on the "what's hot" list. I wasn't planning on getting a new couch for awhile but I was browsing Craig's list and found a leather couch and chair for 500 bucks. Wow. Anyway we talked him down to 400 and after we sell old blue for hopefully 100, it'll cost us about 300. Not bad. What do you all think? We also moved things around and I like the new set up MUCH better.

As we were moving in the new couch the kids kept saying they didn't want to get rid of old blue and that it was sooooo comfortable.
I said, "Were getting rid of it, you've all peed on it."
After a moment of silence Hunter says, "That's gross mom."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The new couch looks so inviting I want to come for another visit right away. Goodby old blue we had some great times.

Anonymous said...

The new couch is BEAUTIFUL but Im like Grandpa...we had some grat times on OLD BLUE May "IT" rest in peace....... Grandma M

Anonymous said...

I hope your new couch is as comfortable to sleep on as that is my bed when I come to stay. Your new couches look great.

Jenn said...

Yes, we all took turns remenising about old blue. Can't WAIT for you guys to come!! If you lived here you could come over today...and mom you could help me with my AG packets I have to put together today..can't wait for you to come.

Ames said...

They look great!