April 01, 2009

April Fools

Even though the kids tried to "get" each other all day, I layed low and didn't really do anything until we told the kids we were taking them out to ice cream. Matt and I had our little acting debut all planned out. As we walked out to the car I said..."Honey I forgot to get gas yesterday and I think we are almost out." (which was actually true) As we started driving he said loud enough for the kids to hear, "I sure hope it is going to make it." I then asked him if he brought his cell phone just in case we run out of gas. We had all the kids quietly listening to our conversation about not having enough gas....

{Now in reality we have run out of gas a couple of times before usually on a trip when we think we can make it to the next town... so the kids are EXTRA paranoid.}

Well once we get to a certain quiet street we purposely picked out, Matt threw the car into neutral and started pumping the breaks playing up the part... We started saying, oh no! we DID!!! They said, NO!! I said, "Look it's on the E" We then told the kids they had to jump out and start pushing. They looked at us with very stunned faces. The boys jumped out with daddy and began pushing. I finally couldn't keep it in and after shooting a quick photo told them APRIL FOOLS!

The kids played tricks on each other....

Hunter pretended he stepped in dog poop and after showing Logan he ate it...which actually was chocolate chips...he totally fell for it.

Jessica came downstairs holding a bunch of lego pieces in her hand and told the boys she accidental put the laundry basket on top of their lego creations (that took weeks to make) and broke them. I was amazed at her acting skills I must say. I was also very impressed that Hunter although very sad at first didn't strangle her but told her it would be okay.

Logan tried a few tall tales but every time he would try to tell the story he had to look the opposite way so he wouldn't laugh, giving himself away each time. What a cutie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate these jokes (April fools the 2nd) What fun - I laughed and laughed.

Grandpa said...

I think that sounds like Grandpa

Jenn said...

I am confused?