April 18, 2009

Our Plans



We have lived in our home for 3 years. We haven't landscaped much in those 3 years. The house has my favorite tree in the front yard, a weeping cherry tree, so I was pretty content. But now we have big plans...but what I have learned in gardening 101 is you need patience...lots of it. You make a plan and then 3 or 4 years from then you can see it happen and come to life. That is one committed plan if you ask me...I have moved my furniture and decor around 500 times already in the inside...I can't imagine sticking to one idea for 4 years. Anyways here are our ideas...

-We added a second walkway last fall so I wanted to plant cute little flowers which I can't remember the name of all along each side of the walkway.
- Last weekend we (Matt) planted 12 climbing roses (pale yellow with pink tips) for each panel of the picket fence...the plan is for them to grow up and trail over the top of the fence.
- We bought 2 more climbing roses to grow around the wrought iron arbor by the gate.
-We plan to trim the big green bush in the front.
-We planted a mishmash of stuff in the dirt mound next to the house...we don't have a plan for this space...it is mostly shade and that is hard to work with....except for the climbing clematis we started 2 years ago....any ideas are welcome!
- Matt and I have a dream of having rows and rows of raspberry bushes...we DID start that when we moved here...one row...
- We have other odd plants here and there that are there primarily for lack of a better place.
-We finally got our missing window box, so we are going to fill all of those and make them look peachy...and may even get a drip.

Sounds pretty good for today..check back in 4 years. We plan to paint the house next Spring, I hope that doesn't make a difference in my landscaping plans?

No comments: