April 05, 2009

Spring Has Come...finally



Spring is my favorite season. Many of my fondest memories as a child involve Spring...
  • Walking down streets lined in cherry blossom trees and trying to pick the biggest bouquet to take home...(remember El?)
  • Purple and yellow crocuses
  • Making daffodil crafts in school that involved lots of tissue paper and white glue.
  • Making daisy chain necklaces on the field during recess.
  • Teachers bringing in vases of pussy willows.
  • Birds singing, finding fallen blue bird eggs and bringing them home as wonderful treasures.
  • The smell of fresh cut grass and lawn mowers humming
  • Brighter days and awaking each morning to a world coming out of it's winter slumber...

My children are now creating their own memories of Spring. A big one each year is to visit the chicks, and rabbits, Jessica's most favorite Springtime activity...however the boys on the other hand enjoyed other Springtime fun, pretending THEY were the caged chicks and rabbits.


2 comments:

The Risdons said...

Yeah...I thought you were coming to see my chicks on Friday. I waited all day and then cried all night!

Jenn said...

OHH!!! I am sooo sorry! My bad. We are still going to come visit the dirtball family.