February 19, 2009

Science World Canada




We headed up to Canada for the long weekend. My mom heard there was a special lego exhibit at Science World. Lego? Were in....my boys are lego crazy! I remember going to Science World when I was a kid, but I forgot how fun it is! We kept saying, "That is sooo cool!" and it was always things we had never seen before...well, we probably did in school but it was definitely not as fun. Grandma, Grandpa and Shauna came with us. Science World is for all ages...as you can see.



We saw a very fun show about air. The host was hilarious! He needed volunteers during his show and wouldn't you know it...he picked Hunter and Jessica! Logan was content to be a spectator. Jessica was asked to pretend Marshmellow Man was her daddy. And she was going to send daddy into space. We watched what happened when air was pushed into daddy and when it is taken away. He tried to resuscitate daddy back to life. I am sorry...he didn't make it.








Hunter's experiment went wrong and he got soaked... he loved it.









The lego exhibit was AMAZING! Hunter was able to talk to the "lego master" who built most of the exhibit. He told him to start keeping a portfolio of all the work he has made. After talking to him and we were walking away he says to me, "Mom, I am going to be a Lego Master when I grow up." So that pushes orthodontist out...he liked the hours.











(I felt like the popperatsy when I took this picture, he thought more on the lines of stalker...)




So we stopped for lunch and while I was getting the ketchup a man stood next to me doing the same. All of a sudden someone came up to him and asked him to sign something. I glanced over and thought, "that's weird". Maybe something shady was going down. I sat back down and my mom says that guys looks so familiar. Then Shauna and mom realized it was one of the Sadine twins from the Vancouver Canucks. Me?... he just looked like a guy who needed ketchup. Anyway, I thought we need an autograph! (even if he wasn't famous to me, he would be to my hockey fan nephew and my friend El!) When I was asking the guy for his autograph, because I didn't know of his fame I also was unaware his twin was sitting next to him and didn't ask him for his autograph...I hope I didn't make him feel bad.






I caught Jess and Shauna having a little moment together. Shauna has a special bond with all her nieces and nephews. The kids just love hanging out with their auntie Shauna. She is so good to them.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great pictures. I hope you come again soon. Love Auntie Shauna

Anonymous said...

Fantastic pics We DID have a GREAT weekend.... Tell Jess only 27 more days... Love GrANDMA...

Anonymous said...

Jenn you have the papporazi knack. If you lose your day job take up photography. The pictures are great and bring back such fine memories.

Love ya

Anonymous said...

COOL!!! Except for one thing.It's the 'Sedin' twin, not Sadine. Miss you guys!!!!!