February 18, 2009

Chosen to be on T.V.!!!!



Okay this is quite the story... Back in high school I had two best friends. El and Nina. To make a long story short at my wedding Nina and I got in a silly tiff which looking back now was nothing. Anyway after the wedding I ended up moving down to the states and lost contact with my dear friend Nina. The years wend by quickly as children came and 12 years snuck past without seeing Nina. I tried and she tried but we had no luck finding each other. Then along came facebook. I joined a couple of months ago and guess who asks to be my friend? Nina! I screamed and about fell off my chair! We called that very night and tried to catch up over the phone. Now here comes the crazy part...with my business I get special emails that link me to opportunities to grow my business. One day I was reading through the queries and one of them said "Facebook Reunions". I though hey that just happened to me. So I jotted a couple sentences together and responded to the email, thinking nothing of it. The next day I got a call from Annie from The morning show with Mike and Juliette on Fox. (which airs everyday at 9:00) She asked me to tell my story about Nina and I. Then asked if I would be willing to fly out to New York and be on the show...I know crazy! I said "yes if I am not paying for it" She said "oh no, we pay for all your expenses" I told her I think I could arrange that. Then she said she had to call the other possible applicants and narrow it down, she will let us know if we are chosen. I then got a call back the next day saying she wanted to speak with Nina. She then called us and told us we were chosen to be on the show on Tuesday and if we could fly out Sunday. No way!

Exciting eh? Well unfortunatly it couldn't happen. Nina didn't have a current passport for her or her new baby so they were unable to fly out so soon. What a stink huh? Easy come easy go. We almost had a free trip to New York. Oh well. I still got to see Nina and her cute family this weekend so all is well. I am holding out for Oprah or Ellen anyway...

2 comments:

Ames said...

Great story. That would of been so cool! But I am glad that you were able to find eachother.

Jenn said...

Hey Amy!! It is so good to here from you. Do you have a blog?? If not you should! I blog everyday...unless we travel. I just love it. It is such a great way to scrapbook and journal all in one! We haven't seen each other FOREVER~! Maybe we can have a reunion on t.v. ha ha ha...