June 13, 2010

WHAT A WEEK!

MONDAY: Make 18 teacher Gifts, (I don't like to leave anyone out, which ends up getting carried away) This year...Personalized WATER BOTTLES!



TUESDAY
:
Field Sports Day volunteering at the relay running station.
Just like Sport's Day when I was a kid, without the first, second and third ribbons and adding the water...lots of it...oh and the gigantic blow up slide...they added that too.





TUESDAY NIGHT: Jessica's Activity Day Derby Father Daughter Race



WEDNESDAY: Jessica's 1st Grade Bowling




WEDNESDAY VERY LATE... Finding out Wednesday morning Hunter being a summer birthday can bring a treat for Thursday morning...oh goodie.

They DID NOT...end up looking like this...but more of a smashed "kids helped roll them out" version...but Hunter loved them. Mission Accomplished.

THURSDAY MORNING: Logan's 1st Grade BBQ Picnic


Even though Logan checked all morning that I was for sure coming, didn't see him other than for this picture, he was so busy playing.

THURSDAY AFTERNOON: Hunter's 3rd Grade Swim Field Trip



It was tough coming to Hunter's day because parents weren't really invited...
but I wanted to be there, so I just showed up.

FRIDAY MORNING: Present Jessica's Retiring Teacher of 30 years with a special book the class and I put together. (every teacher should be remembered)



FRIDAY AFTER-SCHOOL
... Baskin Robins Double Scoop Ice Cream Treats with Daddy for Lunch




FRIDAY LATER ON... Mommy's Annual Scavenger Hunt for the kids.

Each year I put a scavenger hunt together that ends off with a big pile of fun loot for the summer. I am very proud of them and how well they all do at school. This year they are all way above the norm and all are in the 90th national percentile for their grade. I don't think I have been in the 90th percentile of anything academic.
When Matt and I joked and complimented them that they don't get their brains from either of us. (probably Grandpa Matkin)

Hunter decided it must be that his brain is like both or ours put together...

This years scavenger hunt questions were a little harder, I made them work out math problems and then follow a key to decode the letters which spelled out where their next clue was. It was much harder for my brain then it was for them completing the problems...maybe Hunter was right.

This years theme for loot- hiking! They are set with their fanny packs (there has GOT to be a better name?!) head lamps and compasses. I had to update their water gun artillery. After they found their loot it was so hot, I had a full on war with the boys and we all got drenched, too wet to take any pictures.




FRIDAY NIGHT: Yummy Dinner at Katie's! Yes...no need to cook!

SATURDAY MORNING: Yucky medical tests in small cramped places....go to a happy place...happy place...happy place.


SATURDAY AFTERNOON: Finally taking our boat out for the first time! (Matt inherited it over 5 years ago) We renamed the lake/pond turtle lake. There were tons of them! I caught the first turtle, but was too chicken to get it out of the net. We of course let him go after we probably gave it a near heart attack and rocked his little turtle world.

We got out on one of the little mini islands and explored all 10 feet of it so more like a clump of land in the lake.
Also where Hunter announced he was going to go to if he ever ran away...good to know.









Whew I can't believe I made it to today, Sunday...usually Sunday is pretty hectic, but today was breeze compared to the last week of school. So a lot of slugging around today. I am POOPED!

Being present for my kids and family is what makes my world go around sooo...
I can sleep when I am dead.

Now the week is over, and my house is a mess. I hope I can finally clean my house when I am dead too.

6 comments:

Simply, Sarah said...

I didn't think they could get any cuter. Man, I was wrong!
I hope you all have a great summer!

El said...

Looks like you all had a fantastic time (well probably not the turtle but I'm sure he got over it : )

Swedish Rose said...

OMG...I'm tired just reading it all...

Grandpa said...

Jenn,

Your pictures are so natural you have the flair of a professional. The turtle lake looks so placid and beautiful it must be part of heaven.
When you capture by photos so much so well you get to experience it again and again. This is repetition worth having like ice cream eh Logan?

Love ya all

Granndam M said...

Hey thats a pretty big turtle. What GREAt memories.

Grandma M said...

Hey thats some BIG turtle. Love all your memories