June 23, 2010

Death by Repetition



Time:
9:35 am
Place: In the kitchen unloading dishwasher.
Logan: "Can I have an ice cream?"
Me: "No honey, it is too early, and you just had breakfast."

Time: 10:35am
Place: At the computer trying to write an email.
Logan: "Can I have an ice cream?"
Me:
"No, we are having lunch soon."

Time: 12:45pm
Place: Watering plants outside.
Logan: "Can I have an ice cream? I've eaten lunch."
Me: "Yes, but that is your only one, okay...OKAY?"
Logan: "okay, pinky promise"...(already in the garage going to the freezer)

Time: 1:55pm
Place: In the living room talking on the phone.
Logan: (whispering) "mooom...can i have an ice cream pleeaassee?"
Me: "huh, what...hold on. What?!"
Logan: "Can I have an ice cream?"
Me: "No! Geesh Logan, I am on the phone. You can have something healthy."
Logan: "if I have something healthy...then can I have an ice cream?"
Me: "LOGAN!"

Time: 3:40pm
Place: Making a snack and getting kids ready for quiet time.
Logan: "Mom, can we have an ice cream for quiet time?"
Me: "Lo-gan!!! Really?"
Logan: "Soooo....no?"

Time: 3:55pm
Place:
Kids still having quiet time...
Logan:
"Can we have an ice cream now?"
Me:
"NO!"

Time:
6:10pm
Place: Sitting at the dinner table finishing up dinner.
Logan: " So mom what is for dessert?"
Me: "Um, nothing.. we don't have dessert every night sweetie."
Logan: "Can we have ice cream?"


Some days it is multiplied by three...I just know you will find me pecked to death by repetition.

4 comments:

El said...

That was hilarious!

Ames said...

Oh, the life of a mom. Don't we love it!

Shauna said...

I love it!!! How could you say no to Logan's sweet eyes.

Grandma M said...

Good thing Grandma M wasn't there. They would have gotten ice cream all three times.