October 07, 2009

Comes from Somewhere

The kids wanted to join the running club a few weeks ago. I said okay! Running club is after school for a half hour twice a week. There are about 100 kids and they run around the school and receive a punch on a card each time they run around once. For some reason this excites them...

Anyway, I walked with them a few times then found myself as a puncher (stood and punched the kids cards). This was more up my alley. As for the kids, they LOVE to run, and they are REALLY good at it too. If you are familiar with my kids energy you are probably not surprised.

Yesterday was the last day of running club. At the end of the run, their P.E. teacher announced the top 5 runners, who ran more than 10 miles. Guess who two of them were? Hunter and Logan! I was beaming with pride. She announced their name and they were able to come up and get a special plastic running shoe to put on their shoelace....budget cuts.

My friend turned to me and asked me if Matt and I were runners. I said only when chased...

We are so proud. Crazy kids, enjoy running? Haa, who knew?

2 comments:

Grandma Matkin said...

I sure wish I had the energy your kids have. I think I would make a GREAT "puncher" too.

Auntie Shauna said...

Congratulations Hunter and Logan. That's awesome!!!