October 13, 2009

Old News




Today Camilla and I were interviewed by the Business Journal about our business. This morning when I was getting ready I was telling the kids how nervous I was that my picture was going to be in the newspaper. Suddenly I had no clothes to wear... Logan then casually announced that he has been the paper twice, the others then piped in "ya, me too mom." Hmm...well what was I getting all in a huff about?

I soon realized that by the age of 6 it is apparently "old news" to be in a newspaper in a small town seeing my kids have been featured twice now.

I grew up in a city with millions of people and to get in the newspaper was a pretty big deal. So in saying that, I was excited...even if the paper here is WAY smaller.

The reporter took a picture of us standing in front of this wall in our new showroom. It was all very exciting as she talked to us and clunked away at her laptop for almost an hour. She seemed very impressed with our success so far. It was another new experience for me...even if all my kids have experienced it all ready.

The issue will come out November 2

5 comments:

Shauna said...

Save a copy for me. Congratulations!!!

Grandpa said...

Starting a successful small business and hiring some employees is a real accomplishment. The statistics show that when you succeed you are 1 in a 1000. So feel good and proud of the newspaper acknowledgment

Grandma M said...

Cant wait to read the article. I think we are i disneyland at that time.... SOOOO much excitement happening

El said...

I totally want to see it!!

Cozy Blue Photography said...

So awesome, Jenn!! :O)