May 07, 2009

Mother's Day Luncheon

Jessica invited me to her classroom today for a special mothers day luncheon. I was subbing down the hall for Logan's class and told her I would try my hardest to hurry in and make it. I was a couple minutes late, but I made it... (I've been reminded at least 10 times since I was late) She insisted we wear matching shirts on Monday, so when today rolled around she leaped out of bed ran into my room with her shirt on and reminded me...oh goodie, I said...

Jessica beamed as she gave me her gift. Isn't if funny how a child's hand smashed into clay will make any mother melt? But what brought the tears flowing was the letter she wrote me. As I read it, I thought, wow she really does notice those little things I do to make her life special. So tonight when I was dead tired I dragged my behind upstairs to give Jess her the cuddles she spoke of in her letter, nothing like a good guilt trip to get you motivated to move... however it didn't motivate me to clean the downstairs...

My Mom is Special

My Mom I special because...she loves me and I love her so so so much.

I like it when my Mom...kissis (kisses) me and hugs me every day after school and at night.

My Mom can do many things! I thinks she's best at...cleaning the down sters (downstairs) so we have room to play.

My Mom has a pretty smile! I like to make her smile by...tickling her in the arm pit. and when I tell her funny jokes.

My Mom is as pretty as a...quean (queen) geating (getting) ready for a dance with the king.

My Mom is smart! She even knows...when I have to wake up rel rel (real) erly (early) in the morning and she nons (knows) my mind.

4 comments:

El said...

That letter is so sweet! What a little darling!

Grandpa said...

Jessica,

Your mom is just her mom and you will be the same. Happy Mothers day to your mom.

Love ya

Grandma M said...

How can you not just squeeze her to death. What an angel ...... Its these small things that make being a mom all worthwhile.

Shauna said...

She is so cute. Happy Mother's Day Jenn.