May 20, 2009

Going to the R.E.

For a couple days Logan's tummy has been bugging him, yesterday after school it took a turn for the worse. He started vomiting at 3pm and by evening was still going strong. At 11:00pm he started to scare us as he could not go 10 minutes without severe dry heaving. We decided to call our neighbor to sit with the other kids and we headed to the hospital.

Logan continued to vomit on the way to the hospital, at check in, and in the waiting room. As we were waiting in the waiting room looking around at the strange folk that found their way there, I felt horrible that my poor Logan had to try to sleep in our arms in this uncomfortable, germy, smelly place, doubting whether we made the right choice to bring him in.

We finally were called back and they tried to give him 5 cc of Gatorade...he threw it up. Then they decided to give him this special medicine for children that stops vomiting. He sat with it for it for a while and they told us we just needed to see if he could keep a sip of apple juice down before we could leave. After awhile they agreed he was okay to go, the minute we put him upright he vomited again...so at this point they told us he was starting to get dehydrated having not urinated for longer that 8 hrs and vomiting so much, so they wanted to start an I.V. with fluids and another dose of that medicine.

After the I.V. was in for about an hour, he perked right up and started to keep his juice down...Sometime in the early morning they said we could go home...We stumbled our way home and all plopped in bed. We still aren't out of the woods yet, he woke up with a bad fever... We found out yesterday that there was a confirmed case of the Swine Flu in East Wenatchee in a school down the road. I understand that it is less threatening as previously thought, but it still doesn't feel great to know while we are going through this...

This morning Logan was telling Hunter what he was up to last night, he said he had to go to the R.E. (the E.R.)

Sorry if this doesn't make much sence, I didn't get much sleep....

7 comments:

El said...

THe poor darling! Don't let your mind go to the worst case scenario-I am sure that it is just a stomach bug and he will be as good as new in no time!

Grandpa said...

I am so sad and hurting to see our little guy hurting. I hope and pray he gets better.

Love ya

Auntie Shauna said...

Logan I hope you start feeling better real soon. Love Auntie Shauna

Anonymous said...

Give Kogan a BIG hug for me as I know
he is'nt really into kisses..

Can't wait to see you on the weekend and be sure to bring your Medial Card.''''d

Grandma M said...

That anonymous was from Grandma Matkin. Boy these computers can be difficult some times

Shelley M said...

Give Kogan a kiss for me!

Ames said...

I am so sorry, that is awful. I hope that he feels better really soon.