January 11, 2009

Oh Jessica...

Hang around Jess for a bit and you start cracking up, here are a few I can remember...

1. Last Sunday was fast and testimony meeting. Jessica was busy working coloring her picture until she saw one of the older kids in her primary get up bear their testimony. I saw her closely examing this other little girl and then she leaned over and asked me if you had to be baptized in order to bear your testimony. I said no, but you have to be able to do it by yourself. She thought about it for a moment. Then whispered back, "mom, will you type it up for me and if I tell you what to type?" I told her we would talk about it more at family home evening. That seemed to keep her satisfied until dinner when she brought it up again. She asked, "mom, can I bear my testimony anywhere?" I said you bet. So she stood on her chair right then and there and very solemly and serious said she loved her family, she loved Jesus and she was happy she could pray to Heavenly Father. Then she sat down and finished her dinner.

2. We told the kids that when Grandma comes next week daddy and I were going to Seattle to buy their new dressers. We mentioned that we may try to go to the temple while we are there. Jessica asked, "is it your anniversary?" I said no why? she said, "that is where you go when it is your anniversary." (we did that one year) "But people who are in love go there right?"

3. Jessica and I were watching t.v. together and a commericial for gastric bypass surgery came on. The lady went on about how she was 300 pounds before and after she was this little thing. Jessica looked up at me and said, "Hey mom, you should do that." I had no words.

4 comments:

The Risdons said...

laughing very hard. I love that kid. You and I should go in on gastric bypass. Haha.

Anonymous said...

Glad that you're back. Jessica is a hoot. I miss your kids.

Swedish Rose said...

Ha Ha Ha

Stephanie & Andrew Hansen said...

You must have your new laptop? huh? Jessica is so funny. She always has been. I think she gets it from her mom. Did you say you needed my address? It is:

Stephanie and Andrew Hansen
291 East 7th South
Rexburg, Idaho 83440

Hope that is what you needed!