January 24, 2009

A Big Scare

Tonight we all had a big scare. My best friend Camilla had surgery a week and a half ago on her foot. She had a bone cyst that needed removed. This meant she has to spend about 8 weeks off of her foot. So this morning she and I were talking on the phone and she casually mentions that her ribs are hurting her. She thought it was from sleeping on the couch all this time. We talked about it for a bit and then went on to other subjects...turned out Camilla had to be rushed to emergency for pain in her chest and not being able to breathe. I was scared to death. Rick (her husband) called me as he waited in the waiting room while she went back. It was either a collapsed lung or blood clot in her lung. Hours later we finally found out she had two blood clots, one in each lung. She was just admitted to the hospital tonight and they gave her blood thinners and she will wait for them to dissolve, watching her carfully. I was terrified but I feel much better that she is in the hospital now. I am so grateful she didn't wait through the night before going in. This event was VERY hard on me. I was beside myself waiting to here how she was.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My hope and prayers are with Camilla that she will have a speedy recovery.