January 28, 2009

The More the Merrier...

Jessica, Logan, Bailey, Hayden and Hunter

If you peeked in the windows of the West's home, on most days there are always a few extra. It is pretty rare around here not to have two, three, four and sometimes five more little ones running around. ( this afternoon it was 8) Today I thought it was so cute as they were watching Arthur and eating a popsicle all in a row. Bailey mentioned today that Melannie (his mom) calls me his "other mom". I find it a compliment as I want all children to feel welcomed and loved when they enter our home. I want all visiting children to be able relax, laugh, play, have fun, and even eat (if I have enough) when they are at our home. As we sat down to eat dinner tonight (missing Grandma) it felt so quiet with our family of 5. The more the merrier is so true...

One night while making dinner, Hayden jumps up onto the barstool and says to me, "So, what's for dinner?"

No comments: