January 20, 2009

A long long night

Well it started with Matt going out of town. Jessica asked if she could sleep with me seeing Daddy was gone. So I we went to bed, all was fine. Until little Logan came to my bed at midnight saying he felt really sick. So I had him get in bed with me, now 3 of us. At around 1:00 it got a little crowded so I headed to Logan's bed to sleep. Once I got situated all of a sudden some alarm off of some toy went off. Of course I kept lying there hoping it would stop, just about after I thought the stupid thing was possessed, it stopped. Then around 1:30 I heard a faint "mommy", and then a run to the bathroom. I leaped out of bed to find Logan puking his little guts out. I then moved a half asleep Jess to the foamie on the floor (to pick my battles at 2:00 am) He proceeded to throw up for the next hour and half. We then all slept until 4:00am then he woke up screaming in pain for another hour saying his throat hurt... Oh boy what a night.

I took him to the pediatrician in the morning and it turned out he has severe strep throat. He threw up all day long, several times an hour. It was a long day too. Anyway, he started to take a turn tonight and was able to keep down his popsicle. Oh how my heart gets torn into pieces when I see him in that much pain.

Update: Logan ended up coming down with a red rash all over his body which was called scarlet fever, children get it as an additional symptom to the strep throat. His tongue also broke out in red bumps. Poor little guy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Logan I hope you will be feeling better real soon. Love Auntie Shauna