January 18, 2009

I Am a Child of God

The other night at around 3am I awoke to one of the kids crying. Or so I thought. I leaped out of bed and went to turn off the fan that we use for white noise so I could figure out what room it was coming from. Then in the silence I heard Jessica quietly singing the song, I am a Child of God. She had gotten to the part, "lead me guide me..." I said, "Jess? Are you awake?" she then burst into tears, she says, " Mommy, I am so scared!" She told me she was too frightened to come find me and decided to sing,"I am Child of God" to comfort herself. We then said a prayer and I cuddled her back to sleep. That....is one of the many reasons I am so happy we are teaching her the gospel and about her Heavenly Father who loves her as much as I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica I love you very much. I am glad that the song I am a child of God comforts you. Keep smiling. Auntie Shauna

Anonymous said...

Jessie is so amazing because she has her faith, fantastic parents, wonderful brothers, and apparently the best dog ever :) You are raising some fantastic children!