May 24, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!!!


Today I turned 33.
I had to actually take a few seconds to do
some simple math to remember....(well you would think it was simple)



33 Years Has Brought Me To ....


1. breaking down finally and buying teeth whitner.

2. asking my doctor why a certain spot on my nose hasn't gone away only to find out it was an age spot and soon I will get more... hmm that's nice...

3. finding that my much like how I grew up...my children can work the electronics in our house better then me.

4. admitting that it is okay that I hate to cook, not everyone can be good at it or you wouldn't truly appreciate the ones that are.

5. that my body REALLY likes to stay stuck at a certain weight...or the scale is stuck?

6. that I can't do everything, all the time, for everyone....I just haven't figured out how to let everyone else know that?

7. that watching your kids go through some of the bumps in life, is sometimes harder then going through them yourself.

8. having kids old enough to do chores beyond dusting and diaper retrieval is....FA-BU-TASTIC!

9. realizing the teens walking around today, were born the year I graduated from highschool....(but I FEEL like I am only a few years older...like that cool senior amongst all the freshman...as I blast my cool music...just with a car full of booster seats...okay never mind... now I feel old. )

10. that all my friends and family who made efforts to wish me happy birthday, or surprise me on my birthday (thanks mom!), or dropping off gifts, cupcakes, cakes and MORE cakes either love me a lot... or want to see me in a larger size...(I am pulling for the first of the two) The love I felt is better than any material item any day...


Wow look at what 33 years has brought...
who knows how wise I will be next year...
or what spots, lines and wrinkles will appear too.


8 comments:

Grandpa said...

You look great like your mom you will age very gracefully. You forgot to mention how much fun you are to be around - because you are really interested in others and how they are doing. You are a great mom. Congratulations on being such a very nice lovable person.

Grandma M said...

WOW!!!! What a great picture. Where was that picture when I was looking for pictures to take to China?? I agree with everything dad has said. AND you are a FABULOUS cook . I miss you already.XX XOOOO

Lillian J. White said...

jenn, hope you had a fabulous birthday! I juat had to tell you thay i think you're an amazing woman and a great example to me as a loving and involved mother. And you're hilarious! I need more time with you....it would be SO good for me! :) Love you!

Jenn said...

I would LOVE that Stacia! Next time you have time to kill before you make your big drive, come see ME! I would love to hang with you! We could do lunch! I miss you girl!!

El said...

I have known you since Grade 6 and you seriously have hardly changed at all! Except now you have more poise, charm, a kick butt career, and a wonderful family! The kitchen still is not super Jenn friendly (1/2" brownies :) but nobody is perfect! Hope you had a great day.

Shauna said...

Happy belated birthday Jenn. I'm only belated on the blog. I was just noticing on your hike pictures how skinny you are. I think you are a great cook. I think of you a lot. Love Shauna

Ames said...

Cute post! Love you!

Lott's of love said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am lame! Sorry-we have been soooo bad at keeping in touch---these separate wards stink. Happy birthday you are a wonderful woman and I love you tons!
Monique