December 20, 2009

My Little Budding Business Man





Hunter found a dowel in the garage... colored it brown with permanent marker and used it as a Harry Potter wand. He showed his friend who loved it and wanted one too, so....

Hunter wanted to get more wood to make another. So I bought him a couple of dowels, Matt helped him sand them down, I handed him a dremel and away he went.

He made 12 wands.

We discussed how much he should sell them for. I told him $1.00.
He thought hard for a moment and thought maybe 50 cents. I told him that was too little. So...

...when he came home I asked him how it went?

He sold 4 wands! I asked "Did you make sure you charged a dollar?"

He said "Oh yes Mom! I gave David TWO wands for a dollar!"


1 comment:

Grandpa said...

Hunter is very thoughtful and inventive and he does follow instructions (to the letter) even if his pricing ideas will not turn him into a Warren Buffet - but taking up the entreprenuer challeng is just great.