October 21, 2008

Girls Weekend Getaway


Last Christmas my mom and dad gave the whole family tickets to Celine Dion's concert. I was excited... Matt not so much. Mom quickly told Matt he could do what he wanted with his tickets, sell them for ski tickets or whatever. She just wanted to include him...just in case! Well we weren't so successful selling them after many efforts, so he offered them to my dear dear friend Camilla. What a sweetheart! (he would rather have his teeth pulled than go to Celine Dion) We jumped at the chance and made it a girls weekend getaway! We left Sunday morning and got back on Tuesday night. It was a blast from the minute we took off. I have never left the kids overnight before. I knew Matt was more than capable, but it still felt a little weird. I missed my family a lot, but I enjoyed the time to just not think about work or kids. Time with Camilla just flies by! We took our time shopping and enjoying the simple things like eating meals without having to fix three more plates.

Watching a superstar in action was was incredible to see live. Do you what to know what is even more entertaining? Superstar fans. Next time you go to a superstar concert, take a moment to look around at the audience. You will find a couple die hards that look very ordinary and regular when the lights are up. But as soon as the lights go down...oh boy! The tears, the jumping up and down, the singing at the top of their lungs, and even the bowing down to the superstar begins! Now THAT was entertainment worth seeing.

No comments: