January 04, 2011

Day One- MRV

As we were waiting to go in to get my MRV,
Matt says so how is the test done exactly? I said, I wasn't sure....

Oh boy. I should of checked.

It was probably good I didn't do the research on this one, because I would of never attempted without sedation as that is just plain crazy.

It is much like a MRI but this particular machine is
4 times stronger
than the best MRI machine and is so specified, they won't be missing anything.

But the process...
well there needs to be some advancement as I believe I can sign up for that again.

He begins telling me to lay down on the skinny table and asks if I am claustrophobic?
um...YES.
(but I immediately realize I should of made prior arrangements to get some
"you do anything and I won't care" drugs,
and was afraid I would prolong the test if I needed to get any so...)

I followed up with,

"But I will be fine"

phuhh... ya right.

Then he said I just have a few gadgets for you then we are all set.

Gadgets?

So we began with
gadget number ONE:

He placed a hard plastic neck brace snugly placed around my neck.

Then gadget TWO:
He proceeds to place a hard plastic cage
around my face with slits to see through.
(Man in the Iron Mask- ring a bell?)

Finally gadget THREE:
A heavy blanket/contraption to lay on my chest.

Finally he says,
"Your all set! Don't take deep breathes,
you need to stay steady and still.
And the test
will take approximately 2 hours."

Are you kidding me?

So after a few panic attacks and some MAJOR pep talks I went to my happy place.
When that didn't work,
I spent the time doing simple math, reorganizing my cupboards, and reevaluated my budget all in my mind,
and anything I could do to keep my mind busy in order to keep from
going seriously mental from my new worst nightmare.

It was one of the hardest things I have ever done.

Now when I am asked if I am claustrophobic. I need to say

"yes, where are my drugs?"

Day One...Complete. (barely)

1 comment:

Swedish Rose said...

I'm so excited, impressed, pumped up...you name it. This is great! So proud of you and your strength in all this. Way to go girl!