January 23, 2011

First Milestone Achieved



Usually keeping up with the blog
has been tough because
I haven't felt well enough and most of all have enough energy.

Now...

I feel like I have so much energy
I haven't slowed down long enough to update.

So I am now
18 days Post liberation Procedure.
It hasn't been smooth sailing all the way.
I didn't just wake up and turn into the biotic woman...
although it would of been nice to wake up to a new ripped body.

I have been struggling with neck and chest pains and headaches
from all the tugging and pulling and balloon tricks that went on in there.
Which leads to some
big headaches.
But I am trying to keep remembering it should be normal...

I say "should" because....

who know's?

unlike anything else "medical"
they send you home with an aftercare sheet
that tells you what to expect and
how to take care of yourself.
Well this being such a new procedure,
for my sons stitches I received more post procedure information.

So there is no gold standard of what to expect yet....

a little more lonely out here when you are one of the first.
But that is the trade off.

I will take it.

I needed to get past my first milestone.
The doc said if I went back to square one
by two weeks then we know that the
right valve didn't tear or break.

I am confident to say,
I believe I am out of the woods as things have been
progressing forward not backward.

And by the way my neck has been feeling,
if he didn't break it... then something else in there did.

So....Yippee!

My next milestone is at the 3-4 month mark.
There is a possibility scar tissue from the
surgery that can cause another blockage.
So I would know by all my symptoms returning.

So I worry. Every time I get a little tired,
or my foot twitches ...so...
I worry.


5 comments:

Shauna said...

Congratulations Jenn!!! I am so happy for you. Thank goodness for modern science and Heavenly Father's wisdom and love for his children. Many prayers have been answered.

Grandpa said...

Post liberation procedure is such and encouraging phrase and you really are so much more liberated. Leave the worrying to your family and friends.

Love ya

El said...

I am so happy that you have found such betterment with this procedure. It is amazing how people who don't have health issues take the small things for granted. Sleeping thru the night is indispensable to a person's health-when you can't it sucks!All the so called small daily things you dealt with were enormous! You have been so strong and silent (too much!) and it is wonderful to hear all the strides you have made. Love ya honey!

LStevens said...

I am so excited for you, Jenn. I know you will do just great, cause you are an amazing, wonderful person. THanks for keeping us posted on your surgery, & recovery. May you continue to progress upwardly.
Love ya friend.

MOM said...

Im just sooo excited for you sweetheart. You are such an amazing person and my inspiration. Love you MOM XXXXOOOO