August 10, 2010

Finally Made It




Finally 10 years later.
Matt and I return to visit my grandma in
Cardston, Alberta.
Also where 13 years ago two crazy kids were married.

For Forever and Always...

I remember growing up each summer and
driving the 12 plus hours to visit my Grandma and Grandpa.

We would arrive most often at night.... blurry eyed and half asleep...we then would be welcomed after what seems like days of farm land, shining brighter
than would ever seem possible
amongst the black of the night....
the temple.
It was a welcomed visitor in the black night
a piece of heaven just glowing with all it's might.

And it meant you had
finally made it.


Now years later as I drive my children in what seems like days of farmland and remember how I used to feel the first time seeing the temple each time I came, and being able to watch them experience that now too...these are now the
moments I cherish.



Now as I am older it has become more to me than just a symbol of beauty and majesty.
The temple especially now is both literally and spiritually
my bright spot in my darkness.

2 comments:

Grandpa said...

In such a small little sleepy farm town Cardston's temple stands out like no where else. It is such beautiful architect. I have such fond memories of the temple particularly the outside grounds. Is that Hunter at the gate reading the fine words on the wall?

Love ya

Jenn said...

Yes, he can't though because he isn't wearing his glasses.