July 29, 2010

Blasting It

Press Play...
(mom...it is the one that is the shape of a triangle)



In high school...

I would love to drive around the city
by myself blasting my music singing at the top of my lungs...

In a city of millions,
I could disappear in the crowd of people and they wouldn't even notice or care
as they see me using my thumb as a microphone.
(Actually it was probably was pretty normal.)

It made everything I was thinking be put on pause and
go away...just for a moment, leaving just me and the beat...
always putting me in a really good mood.

In college...

I used to love to run on the track when it was dark
(okay... the "love" wasn't for the running)
by myself and blast my music in my ears.
but I refrained from singing...I might have classes with these people.

Now...

when life gets where I just want to be able to just slip away
and take time to just
breathe, smile, and sing loudly
with my thumb mic.


So last night I got in the car, all by myself
and blasted the music nice and loud
smiling the whole time.

I hope I don't recognize any of the people who passed me...this town is small.

2 comments:

mom said...

Absolutely LOVED it. Thats what I do when I head down to Wenatchee in the car by myself. except I do it to ABBA, and leave all the windows open. At least you have a beautiful voice.

Grandpa said...

How cute of you to find Mom in the video swinging her purse. So you come by this musical obsession naturally. Actually science proves that the whole world is held together by major music tones ergo we get a real high when we tap into the heart of our molecular structure.

Love ya