July 27, 2010

Staying Put

"We all face those times
When our confidence fades
And the path of our life
seems unclear."

I saw this quote yesterday.
It about sums up how I am feeling.

I am not sure I have the strength to fight this one.

Since publicly bring to the surface
what has been common life
for me for quite some time.

All the different responses, reactions, discussions, and words sent my way....

I am more lost than ever.


I really just feel like standing still.

Can I do that?



I know in most scenario's standing still and doing nothing doesn't work out.

weight-
eventually you end up ten pounds heavier and completely flabbergasted how it ever got there?

testimony-
do nothing and you will get exactly what you put in. Dive in, and the rewards are heaven sent.

garden-
leave this one alone and you wonder if your neighbor came in and sabotaged it because there was no way you left that many weeds.

raising kids-

not a lot of standing still happening. But sometimes you take a" break" from certain areas and before you know it you can't believe they just performed the alphabet in burps, hasn't changed their socks in 3 days, and their flimsy attempt at teeth brushing will lead them to a smile that involves 14 quartet gold caps across the front and a backwards hat...then I realize some reteaching is in order.

eyebrow plucking-
do nothing on this one and one morning you look in the mirror and then instantly turn to yell at your husband for not telling you the state of eyebrows before going out in public, which are taking on a similar look to your garden.

your failing health-
can I break the rule and just do nothing?


I think I am going to try and see what happens.

I am not up for the fight or challenge...

I am just too tired, twitchy, hurting, dizzy and can't see too well.

so it really isn't a fair fight.





7 comments:

El said...

how about you stay put and get others to fight for you instead? There are certainly enough people that love you that are willing to help darling-you deserve it!

Jenn said...

Sometimes I am not so sure... But thank you. I love you too.

The Risdons said...

I'm sorry Jenn. You don't deserve this. You are way too fun. I wish I could help with the hurting...love you:-)

Grandpa said...

Your standing still insights make me smile - you do have a way with words. No problem with taking a pause from all the big issues facing you. Just have a holiday and follow El's advice and let some of us share your burdens.
Love ya

VanderSluis Family said...

Don't give up Jenn. Remember during the difficult times we grow the most. Sadly, this is most obvious after the worst has passed. Know that I feel your pain and am thinking of you!

Shauna said...

Jenn I love you. Hang in there it is when it is when it is the hardest that the tide turns. Take care. Love Shauna

Mom said...

Hi Sweetheart. This is such a difficult time for you. I think about you all day hoping I can come up with the MAGIC answer. We all love you and really want to share this journey with you, even though you are over whelmed at this time. Love mom xxooooooooooo