September 11, 2008

Another gong show kind of day.

Okay I'm diggen this all day at school for the kids deal. I like it. I like the peace and quiet. I like all I can get accomplished. I like the cleaner house.
I really love when they come tearing into the house all talking at once about their exciting day... until about 10 minutes after they have been home and they have spewed their papers, backpacks, socks, coats and whatever else might constrict playtime. They then proceed to climbing the walls (literally) throwing dirt at each other for fun, feeding their ravenous hunger with a quick dinner, throwing most of it in the sink, trying to be patience with Jessica's piano practicing, playing lets lock each other out of the house games, (not me them) hearing "I'm starving" and hour after making dinner, trying to stay awake as Jess reads me two pages from her new library book and finally ending the evening with Logan getting poop on his feet and deciding they all need a bath. This all happened just this evening. And today was one of the few non soccer game days, it was supposed to be more layed back...

Kids are high action, high drama. At least mine are. Never a dull moment. If there is quiet you can be sure someone is either eating or sleeping, otherwise most of the time all three are trying to talk to me at once. So I say again embrace the crazy, hectic gong show of a life as a temporary season in our lives and hang on for the ride. Enjoy while they still want to tell you everything, and I mean everything that goes on in their life. It won't last long.

No comments: