August 03, 2008

Goodbye Barney, Hello Sisters...

Today was the first day with my new calling as RS 2nd counsellor. I am just tickled to be in Relief Society again. It feels a little weird just walking away from Primary, I have been music leader there for 2 years. It is weird they call you in one week and give you a new calling and boom you don't go back. I was getting a tad burned out though.

I am just very excited to be there with the other sisters and most of all be able to serve. I want to be able to help others, serve others. When I do I feel really good and love to be able to have this avenue to do it through.

I have found primary to be fun, rewarding, exhausting, frustrating and many more emotions. I am happy to now be able to come to church and feel uplifted. Not that primary didn't do that for me. But I did feel a little like Barney. Today was long, with the meetings, but I still came home feeling full and uplifted. Now, it is only day one, but still I feel really good about this. Heavenly Father really knows, I felt really like this is such a blessing.

No comments: