August 06, 2008

Grand Central Station




Our Full House


Our house is grand central station. Most kids go to peoples house to visit for an hour or two, our neighbors may not be an hour or two out of the day. Yesterday one more for lunch and 3 more for supper. Today 4 more for lunch and dinner was a quiet 5 our family. I don't mind, in fact I enjoy the hustle and bustle, the sliding down the stairs, the slam of the screen door of the kids coming in and out. The picture above is when Jessica sneezed right before the blessing of the food and I saw the spit fly across the table onto poor Hayden's plate. He MUST feel comfortable here, he still ate all his dinner.
The kids these days are busy playing pokeyman cards, which make absolute no sense to me, when they talk about the people (if they are people?) and I think they are talking a different language. In fact I think they are. Jessica is busy still playing in the mud daily and spending her time at the girls next door, so I guess it is a trade. I like being ground zero for all the friends because hopefully when they are teens it will still be that way. When I get tired of them all, I yell, "okay! time for everyone to go home!" They then vulture around the house on their bikes checking in every half hour to see if they can come back, after 3 time I usually break.

I have been particularly sore and hurting lately. I am battling with a stupid cyst, which is on off in pain. But it has been going on for about 4 months and to me that is enough to say lets get this thing out. So next Thursday I am scheduled for surgery. Sometimes I can go most the day and not feel anything and then I worry that I am doing the surgery for nothing. Then I have such bad pain I wish I could do it right away. I will just have to wait and see what happens. My back is a royal pain on top of all of this. Sigh.

Matt is gone on a Scout backpacking camping trip. He needs to backpack into camp 4 miles with his gear, and I think part of it is in the snow with cramp ons. Oh dear. We are dealing with a spring chicken anymore. I asked if he made sure he had his inhaler.

Logan had his Kindergarten placement test today. It is a twenty minute one on one test with the teacher to see where he will be placed. All day or half day. We are pulling for half day. We have been working all summer on his letters, numbers, shapes, etc. Which is good, but you can work until you are blue in the face, if they are ready, it is no use. I think he is just entering readiness. Anyway after it was all done I had a chocolate bar for him and a hug. I kept telling him how proud I was of him, I then said "are you proud of you?" he said in his cute matter of fact way. "kindof" So cute.

Business is going well, I had to peel 40 orders yesterday. I love that. Well I don't love the work of it as it hurts my back to mask. But I love how far we have come. We have lots of good things coming up to, like the wedding site myweddingfavors.com is still putting our stuff on. And then our Maui lady just inquired about 4 more designs. She can lead to our product in stores in the east. So that is exciting. Every couple of days we get inquiries for wholesalers. The prob, it is hard peeling and masking in the house, we are trying to save to get into Camilla's little house out back. We want to save about 4 months of rent before we head out there. I want to get to the point we are paying people to mask and peel and I don't have to do it anymore. In the meantime I was lying in bed trying to come up with some sort of contraption to hold my masking so I can pull it. I think it will involve a broom and some chairs.






No comments: