September 18, 2009

Lego Party



Hunter's birthday was a couple weeks ago, but we FINALLY had his long awaited for party. 19 little children filled my home with all their bubbling energy. We started the party
with lego bingo and a lego tower competition. Lego bingo was one of those games I thought would last awhile but ended up finishing up in about 2 minutes. So I moved on to Lego towers, I dumped a big tub of lego in the middle and set the timer for thirty seconds. The kids raced to make the tallest tower in thirty seconds. They LOVED this and we played numerous rounds.

Who knew.

I attempted another homemade birthday cake this year.
(the kids request it every year, I request an expert in the field but they shoot me down each time, they have so much confidence in me.) .
Did you know cake and marshmallows can miraculously turn into a lego bricks?

Whew...I am pooped.

When I was tucking Hunter into bed tonight he kept thanking me for the party.
(he is a very grateful kid)
Then he said,
"Mom I am going to throw you a party like the ones you do for us."
I said, "Awesome! Will you make my cake too?!"
He agreed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray. You've returned. I was really missing your blogs. The party looked like a lot of fun. and I know how much Hunter loves LEGO. Sorry I missed it.

Grandma Matkin said...

Hey that above comment was from me. Obviosly I'm still not too swift on the computer.

Shauna said...

Sounds like you had a great party Hunter. Jenn you out did yourself.