September 02, 2009

First day of School


Logan 1st Grade, Hunter 3rd Grade, Jessica 2nd Grade



Another year has rolled around...and another year I sent my little ducklings to school. I did tear up after circling the school only once this year, gawking out the window like some stalker mom to see if my little ones were okay on the playground. What brings the tears is the fact they we are one year closer to leaving my nest.

That being said...(those with children still at home may not want to keep reading...)

today I got to.... SHOP leisurely without pressure.
take a nice cat NAP
eat LUNCH with Matt
READ a magazine

Ahh...it is kind of nice at least until 3pm...then back to the grind.

P.S. Jessica wanted to make sure she wore her "Little Miss Chatterbox" t-shirt so the teacher was pre-warned as she put it.
.
P.P.S I tried to make a nice "new" recipe of oatmeal pancakes for their big morning...everyone ate one or two bites and smiled politely and all of a sudden became very very full, so I essentially sent my kids out the door hungry...sigh... I tried. Cooking... is NOT my "thing".

4 comments:

Grandpa said...

I grew up with 5 other siblings and while our mom feed us well there was always a sense that if you didn't gobble up your meal someone else would - so rarely did anyone leave anything on their plate. Is the lesson you need 3 more little ducklings?

Jenn said...

No.

Grandm a M said...

How cute they look. I know my mother would have loved to have a tee shirt like Jessica's when I started grade 2

Shauna said...

How exciting for them and you. They sure look cute.