February 09, 2010

Derby Race and President Play



Double night for us tonight. Hunter, Daddy and Logan went to the Derby race. Jessica and I headed off to her music program for her big night. She was one of the narrators. I was so proud of her because she had about 8 lines to memorize, and she didn't miss a word! Hunter did wonderful again this year. He placed first in his pack...AGAIN! Three years in a row now!

All week Jessica kept hinting she would sure think it would be neat if she received flowers after her big night. (she is funny like that, gotta love it) I tried to pretend I wasn't listening. Then she again brought it up in the car on the way there. I again acted dumb. Then I heard he quietly say, "I guess there is no flowers?". ...hee hee. I actually got her a big daffodail bouquet with a giant pink ladybug chocolate. She was overjoyed! Hee hee. Kids are so fun to mess with.

I had gotten the boys chocolate bugs too, Jess helped me put a sticker on one side that said "Congratulations!" and the other said "Better luck next time, we love you!" Because we didn't know how he did on his derby race.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

congratulations Jessica and Hunter!!! Awesome!!