January 11, 2010

Don't hit a Tree!


We have an on going joke in our family. Whenever we go skiing and I always say to the kids,

"I love you and don't hit a tree!"

Well today Logan hit a tree.

After ski lessons the kids always take us down a run called castle. They love this run because is full of little jumps all along the trees.

The kids were all going down the tree line on the side of the run however Logan was going a little too fast and went smack straight into a tree full speed. Matt and I witnessed the whole thing. My heart dropped to my toes and I raced over to him bracing to see his face torn up or something worse. I couldn't get there fast enough.

His face didn't have even a scratch, so I assumed he must of taking the impact on his legs and broke something.
 Nope...all good there too.

The ski patrol came and checked him out head to toe. They asked him his name, what day of the week it was, and who the President was. He got 2 out of three.

He then got to take a fun ride down on the
tabbogan with the ski patrol to the first aid office.

All checked out great, he keeps us on our toes!

Later that day, Logan asked me who WAS the President...




3 comments:

El said...

Thank Goodness he is ok! That little boy sure keeps you on your toes!

Shauna said...

I am glad the tree lost Logan. You are such a trooper.

Grandpa said...

Our Logan has all the dare devil genes from his DAD and Grandpa combined. His Dad jumps off cliffs with aplomb and his Grandpa used to ski off the roof of a house. So the poor little guy is doomed to ski too fast. Thank Heavens he did not get hurt.